Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cheers to Sea World!

My son turned 2 years old in February and everyday I get to experience his expanding knowledge and awareness of the world around him. Like most kids his age, he is into animals and cars, so the wife and I decided to get Sea World passes. He gets so excited seeing the sea turtles and sharks but one of his favorite animals are the Beluga Whales. When he sees them he screams at the top of his lungs, AHHHHHHHHHH! OHHHHHHH!! while he jumps up and down and points to it. Probably similar to that of a cave man the first time he saw such a huge creature. So if you are ever at Sea World and you hear a loud scream, as if someone was just frightened, and you see a long haired guy holding a little cave man pointing so Beluga whales, it's probably us. But as much as I love hanging out with my son, I still can't take him to cooler places like The Regal Beagle or Hamilton's; enter Seaport Marketplace at Sea World.


Hand Crafted Burgers & Local Beers
You pass it when you go through the new entrance and with a description like "Hand Crafted Burgers & Local Beers", how could I not take a peak in to see what they had to offer? I walked in thinking "same ol' same ol' Stone IPA & Karl Strauss Tower 10", which are both great options for an IPA, it's just the lack of other options that depressed me. But man was I surprised at the amount of craft beers they had as well as the selection. Sure they had Stone IPA, but they also had the Smoked Porter and Levitation. Sure they had Karl Strauss's Tower 10, but they also had Red Trolley, WindanSea, Endless Summer and Wreck Alley Imperial Stout. They also had Julian Hard Cider, Alesmith's Nut Brown, Ironfist 51/50 and Lost Abbey's Devotion. I decided on Alesmith's Nut Brown, I wanted something smooth and fresh, and to say I got an Alesmith beer at Sea World. So keep an eye out for the review later this week. 

1 of 4 tower stations
Smart move by Sea World for bringing more craft beer options to its theme park. We live in the best craft beer city in the nation so why not showcase some of the beers from San Diego. I love it! The price isn't bad either $6.99 per beer or $9.99 for a sampler of 4 beers. Needless to say, my screaming little cave man boy and I will be returning to Sea World for more fun sunny days.





No comments:

Post a Comment