Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Alpine Beer Company - Alpine Ale

"Our namesake ale represents everything a good, well balanced pale ale should be: malty but not too sweet, refreshing but not too bitter, full-bodied but not too heavy, lively but not over carbonated. A clean, everyday beer that leaves your palate begging for more."
                                    - Alpine Beer Company


Brewery: Alpine Beer Company
Beer: Alpine Ale
Style: Pale Ale
ABV: 5.5%

Alpine beer company has quickly become one of my favorite breweries in San Diego. I'll admit that I did not have much experience with them until the past 5 months but Pat and the gang know how to make great beer. Most of you think of Alpine and automatically think Nelson, Pure Hoppiness and Duet - all of which are fantastic and will have their own beer reviews soon - but all of their beers are great.  However Alpine beer is not readily available at most bottle shops - sometimes you just have to ask, they might have some in the back - so your best bet is to go to the brewery. 

Yes, I am a Walking Dead fan and the pint glassware set was a gift from my awesome wife. (You'll see more glasses in the future). Ending it's third season this past Sunday with another good episode, did you happen watch it? I love how the Governor lost it and gunned down all of his people, it shows the character progressing into the mad man that he is portrayed in the comics. Andrea dying is still something I am ambivalent on, she was not my favorite character by a long shot but I felt she could have done more to help the group. Maybe she shouldn't have taken her time getting the damn pliers. Oh well, her time was up but at least she went out like a champ. I digress, can't wait for season 4 in October and now back to the beer.

I picked up Alpine Ale because its been awhile since I have had a good pale ale and I figured Alpine would get it right, and they did. The golden body is very inviting as it seems like a beer you can drink all day. The aroma is mild and mixed with hints of light hoppiness and light malty-ness. Great tasting beer with a refreshing and light malty initial flavor followed by a slight bitter end. Extremely well balanced, great job Alpine.  


Aroma: 6
Appearance: 4
Flavor: 6
Palate: 4
Style Rating: 9/10
Overall: 20/30

The Walking Dead is a great show, but really guys?!
Want to see more Walking Dead Mistakes? KCCO

No comments:

Post a Comment